A large number of people volunteer on a regular or occasional basis at the Ivanhoe Home in a range of roles. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 we have had to limit volunteer work on the premises. We are happy to keep note of any interested in volunteering with us when the current climate settles.
We are always interested in further assistance in the following areas:
Maintenance Handy Person:
- We are always looking for extra helpers in this area. You would be assisting with the general upkeep and improvement of the facilities using your existing skills and experience.
- Share gifts/talents with residents, music, crafts, etc
- Shopping for residents unable to do so themselves or driving residents to shops
- Afternoon teas
- Nibbles & drinks
- Walking & other activities
Care & Support of Patients and Carers:
- Having a ‘cuppa’ with someone who is lonely and needing company & support
- Anything you can do to offer care and support to people undergoing serious medical treatment and to their carers