There is adequate parking either on-site or in Donaldson Street. Drivers please note: there is no right turn into Waterdale Road from Upper Heidelberg Road. Click on the Google Map below to plan your journey.
Readily available. We now have a 13cabs taxi butler booking button in the main foyer to assist you or alternately you can 13 11 19 or 13 10 08.
From Melbourne Airport:
Some hospitals arrange transport to pick up and return patients to our facilities to attend appointments or treatment while staying with us.
The Ivanhoe Homes does not organise and is not responsible for patient transport. This is organised by the treating hospital and if needed can often be organised by your hospital social worker.
Epworth Hospital (Richmond 9936 8277 & Freemasons 9483 3833)
- The Epworth send a daily transport printout listing patients pick up times. The printout can be found on the coffee table in the waiting area Building 14.
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre (Transport Desk 8559 5015)
- Patients need to confirm with the Peter MacCallum Transport Desk as to which type of transport they have been booked on.
- Red Cross Volunteer Drivers arrive at approx 8am and again at 12noon
Austin Hospital (9496 5000)
- Volunteer drivers that can be requested through the social work team.
Pick up times to and from the hospitals are approximate only and variable due to amount of pick ups, amount of traffic, etc.
We are close to public transport links:
Train: Ivanhoe Station (on the Hurstbridge line) is about 15 minutes walking distance from the Home and the train trip to the city takes about 20-30 minutes.
Bus: Various buses operate in the vicinity and go to Northland and Warringal shopping centres and Ivanhoe Station.
Click on the link below to plan your journey.
Myki: Is a reusable travel card for public transport such as trains, trams and buses in Melbourne and regional Victorian centres.
Top up before your journey. Make sure you touch on and touch off at a myki reader as you travel. You can use your myki on:
- Melbourne’s trains, trams and buses
- V/Line trains between metropolitan Melbourne and Eaglehawk/Epsom, Seymour, Traralgon, Waurn Ponds and Wendouree
- Buses in Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Seymour, the Latrobe Valley and Warragul.
Buying a myki: Find out which myki card is best for you
Top up your myki: So you always have a valid ticket for travel
How to use your myki: Touch on and touch off
Manage your myki online: Register, view transactions, top up, and more
Myki go-to guide: Download our 2018 accessible myki go-to guide (PDF) 3.3MB